We passed and received the hardware. We are officially a certified stable through the MN Horse Council. Below is the requirements and process.
A certified stable is concerned with the care of the horse and maintains the facility in order to meet the standards of the Certified Stable Program. The stable managers are proud of their facilities and are constantly seeking ways to improve helpful hints.
Criteria evaluated to achieve certification include the following categories:
- Condition of animals on the premises
- Condition of shelter facilities
- Fire Safety
- Feed and forage selection and maintenance
- Condition of paddocks and pastures
- Plans for prevention & treatment of contagious diseases